Thursday, February 19, 2015

KAT N KIT HIPPON art quilt


 
 
My friend Suzan bought each of us a yard of fabric when she was here from France for a visit.    She challenge us to make a quilt no bigger than 36 x 36 and we could only add one more fabric for the challenge.     My original design was to make a modern mini quilt for her but when I knew she like the 70s hippie became my theme for the quilt.
 

                                   Used hot ribbon applique on the kitties instead of raw edge.

 
 
the start of the design


Kit Hippon.....   love her red crystal
 
 
A little embellishments to do yet,  also binding.   I'll add crystals to the butterfly and a beaded hippie necklace for Kat.     I'm leaning towards black binding to finish off the quilt.
24 x 30
 
back

 
deciding on background fill

 
Back

 
took some of the desings that were in the fabric for background fill 
 
 
Inked around the cats


 
 
HOW COULD I FORGET.....     QUILTED WITH MY NEW INNOVA!!!! 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I love this Kat N Kit pattern. Beautiful use of space and pattern. You should market this pattern.

    ReplyDelete