Saturday, July 11, 2015

Canoes on the Chippewa

 
"Canoes on the Chippewa" was created with EQ6 for a quilt challenge at MQS that never made it to the show.... Had a choice between two blocks and I chose cross canoes because of living in northern Wisconsin. Was in the process of moving back home and I sold my longarm so this got put on the back burner and never entered. Now when I look at it, I think it might have had a chance at a ribbon. This was my first paper piece quilt top where I wanted all my intersections perfect. Took several destroyed blocks but I got the hang of paper piecing. Made up several sketches for the quilting design and it's ready to be quilted.
I love these colours together ..... one of my favorites!
 
 
First paper piecing ever

 
 
 
 
 I think it is time to get this quilted

 
This is the sketch that I chose to go along with the theme of canoes on the chippewa. The idea was arrow tips and feathers. Once this is on the frame I will change out some the feathers designs, but this sketch keeps my idea fresh in my mine as how I wanted to quilt this out. The top was made 3 years ago.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment