Thursday, December 5, 2013

Vintage Christmas Quilt Blocks




Will I came up with a few designs for the blocks.    Didn't use some of the designs in my drawing, change my mind.  lol   It didn't have the look I was going for.    The red dash lines are basting lines.      Anya asked me this morning if I pin my quilts......     I don't,   Sharon Schamber showed me how to  baste  the top half of the quilt and stabilize.    I quilted all the red areas first,   then basted the bottom half and stabilized by quilting all the red area.     This way I can roll the quilt back and forth if  I need to.




                                             The back looks kind of lacy.......    Sure love the Glide thread!!
Finished the quilt a little while ago,  will take photos in the morning and post.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, love how you're quilting this one. How did you come up with the star(?) in the white square blocks? stencil? I love Glide thread also.

    ReplyDelete